UPC barcode 780348596273 is for product Coffee Plant - Live Plant in a 4 Inch Pot -Coffea Arabica - Beautiful Easy Care Indoor Houseplant
- Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Wekiva Foliage. Coffee beans grow on an attractive little plant with glossy green leaves and a compact growth habit. In their native habitat, they like to grow into medium-sized trees, but the plants are regularly pruned to a more manageable size by coffee plantation growers.
- If you want to grow a coffee tree inside, you will have to take that pruning to another level and keep the plant truly small.
- Coffee plants prefer bright, but indirect, light. This means that they should be placed near a window but not directly in the window itself. They also cannot take temperatures below freezing and will not do well in temperatures that stay consistently below 65 F.
- When growing coffee plants, the soil needs to stay moist, but not soaking wet. Also, make sure that both the soil and the pot your coffee plant is growing in has good drainage. The humidity around the plant will need to stay high as well. Setting your coffee plant on a water-filled pebble tray will help with humidity.
- Many people wonder if they will actually be able to harvest coffee beans when growing coffee plants. If the coffee plant is grown in ideal conditions indoors, it will eventually flower when it matures, which can take three to five years. Even in the best of conditions, however, you can only expect a few flowers to form, but, if you hand pollinate them, they will produce the berries that contain coffee beans.